Palma is a city bursting with ancient history and bustling with modern culture. Take a walk with me, a longtime resident, to find out what stories and anecdotes its streets have to tell. Starting in the majestic Parc de la Mar, we’ll trace the path of history from the ancient Talayotic culture through the Spanish Inquisition and the elegance of old Palma to end our walk in the vibrant Placa de Cort. Along the way, we’ll explore the city’s churches, bars and gorgeous courtyards.
Some of the tour’s highlights include:
• Hearing about why the hand of a lover and thief was exhibited on a stake for over a century
• The place where knights used to gather for tournaments
• The story of a nobleman blinded by pride who was finally taught a lesson.
• Hearing about the weapon of choice for Palma’s first inhabitants
• Discovering hidden courtyards in picturesque back alleys
• Viewing the opulence of Palma’s oldest and grandest hotel
Whether it’s your first time in Palma or you’ve been here before, I guarantee you’ll find out all sorts of new stories about this incredible city!
Please allow at least an hour for this tour. There are lots of bars and restaurants along the way for a quick stop – or a long one!