Discover Munich with me, a real "Münchner Kindl”. On this tour through the city centre, we’ll see highlights from over eight centuries of history. I’ll share some insights and introduce you to important characters from Munich’s past. I’ll also point out a few spots where you can enjoy local beer and other Bavarian delicacies.
We’ll begin our walk in the iconic Marienplatz. From there, we’ll explore the streets. There’s delicious food at the Viktualienmarkt along the way, as well as the grandeur of St Peter’s Church and other impressive sights. I look forward to helping you see Munich because as German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe put it, “you only see what you know!”
Here are a few of the highlights you can look forward to on this tour:
• Why is there a pretzel in a church fresco?
• Discovering which streets were once moats
• Why is there a monkey tower in Munich?
• The story behind the devil's footprint in the Cathedral
• Where does the name Munich come from?
• Find out who Orlando di Lasso was
• What is so special about the Bavarian beer gardens?
Munich has so much to offer. Let’s dive in together and uncover all there is to see!