Tel Aviv is a city of many shades and contrasts. But where did it all begin? Join me on this historical tour as we walk in the footsteps of some of the founders of Tel Aviv, such as Ben Gurion and Meir Dizengoff. We’ll stroll along Rothschild Boulevard, tracing the Israeli Trail of Independence. This is the incredible story of the first Jewish city in the world, that was founded in 1909, and turned in recent years into the heart of the Startup Nation. In this tour we discover the secrets behind the preserved houses, including the Hall of Independence - the place where the state of Israel was founded, as well as the Hagana Museum and Ben Nahum Hotel.
You'll also hear about:
• How Tel Aviv was born out of the sea
• Who was the sheriff of Tel Aviv
• Why did the first school of Tel Aviv vanish
• What was life like in the early years of Tel Aviv
• Where the story of Israel and the story of Tel Aviv come together
Let's seek out the origins of this bustling "old-new" city and discover how the past always informs the present in Israel.
Please note the tour does not include entrance to any of the sites.