The area just west of Singapore’s Central Business District is full of surprises. On this cycling tour, you’ll visit well-known spots, as well as some of the area’s out-of-the-way gems. Our tour starts on the Alexandra Canal, after which you’ll peddle by the contemporary art exhibits at Gillman Barracks. You’ll then take a relaxing ride through the mangroves on Berlayer Creek Boardwalk, towards Keppel Bay with its incredible vistas, and onto the palm tree-dotted beaches of Sentosa.
Along the way, you'll hear about:
• The island's first brewery
• A tragic hospital massacre
• The gruesome WWII events that unfolded in the valley behind Hort Park
• The barracks near the sea
• A beacon to the past and other navigational aids
• Wildlife in the mangroves
• The histories of Sentosa Island and VivoCity
This ride includes plenty of history, little-known curiosities, and the opportunity for you to sample some excellent ice cream – take your time and enjoy the journey!
Please note that this route has a combination of bike-lanes and sidewalks. Please ride safely and share the sidewalks respectfully.
If you need to rent a bike, the closest rental shop is Bicycle Hut, an easy 3.5km cycle from the starting point: https://bicyclehut.com.sg/