This San Anselmo walking tour covers the San Francisco Theological Seminary and its surrounding neighborhood, Sunnyside. Here, just five minutes outside of downtown San Anselmo, you’ll find a haven where the noise of traffic disappears and the leafy, sleepy streets draw you in. During the tour, you'll learn about the early history of San Anselmo, and the impact the Seminary had on the town’s development.
Highlights along our walk include:
• Several spectacular, historical buildings including the Scott, Montgomery and Geneva Halls
• Beautiful views over the Ross Valley from Mt Tamalpais to Bald Hill
• The Montgomery Memorial Chapel
• Beautiful faculty homes designed by famed architect Julia Morgan
• Local features such as community schools and churches, and our local performing arts center
This hour-long walk is mostly flat and easy. There are two stairways to get to the top of Seminary Hill, but the views are spectacular and worth the climb!
Tour cover photo credit: Jim Baldwin