The Sunset Strip is a legendary part of Tinseltown’s glamour scene. In under a century, this street went from an unpaved road in an unpopulated, unincorporated town to an artery at the centre of the modern-day entertainment and music business. Join us as we bring its history to life on this walk along Sunset Boulevard between Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
Our audio tour begins at the location where old Hollywood stars like Judy Garland and Orson Welles gathered to eat hamburgers and drink milkshakes. It ends near Laurel Canyon, the epicenter of the folk and rock music revolution of the turbulent 60s and 70s. Along the way, you’ll see film locations for popular movies like Get Shorty, Scarface and Annie Hall while also visiting sites where the entertainment industry’s biggest events took place.
Highlights include visits to iconic places such as:
• The restaurant where Marilyn Monroe went on her first blind date with Joe DiMaggio
• Where John Belushi had his last meal and spent his final hours
• The nightclub where Frank Sinatra made his debut as a solo act
• The hotel where Led Zeppelin rode a motorcycle down a hallway and the Rolling Stones threw a TV out the window
• The nightclub where Judy Garland and Jackie Gleason were discovered
• The "Hotel to the Stars” that was home to Robert DeNiro, Keanu Reeves, Scarlet Johansson, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matthew McConaughey
• The nightclub where Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz filmed their Tropicana nightclub act for the “I Love Lucy” show
• The former grocery store that Johnny Depp bought and converted to a popular nightclub and where Joaquin Phoenix’s brother, River Phoenix, died
Feel free to stop along the way to appreciate the history, the food and the entertainment that the rich and famous have appreciated for so many decades. You can always pick the tour back up when you are ready to start again.