Discover the beating historical heart of Abu Dhabi with this walking tour of the Al Hosn site, starting with Qasr Al Hosn, the city’s oldest stone building.
While you walk, you’ll learn how Qasr Al Hosn played a key role in the development of Abu Dhabi’s fascinating history. See where the first tentative steps towards nationhood were taken, the city’s first permanent structure, and the palatial home built around an impenetrable fortress. You’ll also get to explore the city’s cultural and artistic hub, the Cultural Foundation, as well as the House of Artisans. Finally, you can take a relaxing stroll around the site’s impressive water feature, with a stop off at its Musallah.
Along the way, you’ll hear about:
• How a legendary gazelle led to the first settlement in the area
• How the granting of the first oil concessions paved the way for Abu Dhabi’s dramatic transformation
• The various architectural techniques visible on the site
• The importance of Qasr Al Hosn to the city’s heritage
• The lives of the women in the palace
End the tour with a traditional Arabic coffee. You’ll even hear tips on how to participate in the local rituals of coffee-making.
Lee Rosevere - Going in Circles
Lee Rosevere - Here's the Thing
Desert City by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/