Get in touch with your inner marine scientist, conservationist, and historian with Emerald Keepers, a local environmental non-profit organization, as they take you on a walking tour like no other of one of the top beaches in the United States!
As you walk along this one-and-a-half-mile stretch of beach, we’ll tell you about the area, the ocean, and the flora and fauna that live there. We’ll share a little of the local history too. There's nothing better than the sound of waves rolling onto the beach, a gentle breeze blowing through your hair, and warm sunshine on your face. At the end of this informative, fun walking tour, you’ll feel refreshed and energized!
On this tour you’ll hear about:
• A shipwreck that was once a floating casino
• The two iconic Naval bases on either end of the tour
• The famed Hotel Del Coronado and the intrigue surrounding it
• Marine mammals, sharks, stingrays, shorebirds, and even squirrels!
• A lifeguard tower with some of the best lifeguards in SoCal
• Point Loma and its historic lighthouse
Join us and discover how you too can become an Emerald Keeper – one who cares for and protects the beach and ocean!