When I first came to Prague as a child, I was enchanted by the beauty of its Old Town. Every residential building is a work of art thanks to the city’s house signs. Later in life, my curiosity led me on a quest to find out more, and I’ll share what I’ve discovered so far on this walk through medieval Prague’s most charming streets. Their pictures and symbols on signs reveal the history of each and every house, but they also tell a story about local culture.
Some of the highlights include:
• Finding out about life in the medieval city
• Listening to the stories and gloomy legends of the people who lived in the city
• Getting a glimpse of the theatre where Mozart worked
• Visiting the medieval market in the St. Gallus Quarter
• Visiting St. Giles Church, one of the oldest in Prague
• Admiring one of Prague’s most charming public squares, the Little Square
This tour offers a taste of Prague to first time visitors, but I hope it’s also an inspiration for those who know the city and want to discover more about it.