Brooklyn Heights first took shape when Robert Fulton's steamship started ferrying passengers across the East River. Today, it’s a well preserved residential neighbourhood with Greek Revival and Italianate Row House architecture, a beautiful promenade and breathtaking views of Manhattan. Let's explore it together.
On this tour, I’ll tell you about its first residents, and I’ll guide you through its charming streets. We’ll walk on the Promenade where you can take as many pictures of Manhattan's skyline as you like because there’s no rush to finish the tour. I’ll also recommend some spots to grab a bite along the way.
Some of the landmarks you’ll see include:
• The Brooklyn Heights Promenade
• Manhattan's skyline
• A glimpse of the Statue of Liberty
• Trump Capote's former house
• Brooklyn Historical Society Building
You’ll also learn about:
• The first historical neighborhood in Brooklyn
• Its first residents
• The Revolutionary War and how it shaped the neighborhood
Let’s take a stroll together and discover what this picturesque little neighborhood has to offer. It should take between 1 and 1.5 hours from start to finish.