If you love music and would like to find out more about Klagenfurt, this walking tour is perfect for you.
While walking through the charming Renaissance center of Klagenfurt, I’ll tell you stories about some of the world’s top musicians that left their mark on Carinthia’s capital and its surroundings. I’ll show you where world-famous classical melodies were composed and one of the world’s longest singing careers started. You’ll learn how a Carinthian folk song became well-known in America, and the unlikely connection between one of Austria’s best jazz musicians and the country’s most important pop artist.
Along the way, you’ll see our beautiful Art Nouveau theater, the highest church tower in Klagenfurt, and the Landhaus, where the Carinthian Parliament have been meeting for more than 400 years. We’ll visit two picturesque courtyards hidden between historical buildings, catch a glimpse of the “Golden Goose“, the oldest house in the city, and walk along Austria’s first pedestrian zone.
Join me on this walk to discover musical legends, as well as the fascinating story behind the city’s name.
If you wish, you can also listen to the songs of the musicians mentioned via Youtube:
• Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss: https://ringostrack.com/artist/johann-strauss/89007
• 8th symphony by Gustav Mahler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkGqmGMyHjo
• Kindertotenlieder by Gustav Mahler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9edKNmyiLBc
• Ich war noch niemals in New York by Udo Jürgens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok2TbrIvDMQ
• Buenos Dias Argentina by Udo Jürgens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9edKNmyiLBc
• Schneewalzer by Thomas Koschat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFx2Bmsa72E
• Am Wörthersee by Thomas Koschat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpIeM4yX8wQ
• KULTI MULTI by Karlheinz Miklin Trio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgZYhdchTn8