Get acquainted with the old town of Görlitz! This tour is the perfect introduction because it takes you to all of the most important sites. But I’ll also lead you away from the tourists down some beautiful, lesser-known side streets and alleys.
You’ll find out:
• Why Görlitz has earned the nickname "Görliwood"!
• How a mysterious anonymous donor gave the city millions
• Why the clock on the church tower always rings seven minutes early
• How our hall houses may earn the city UNESCO World Heritage Status
• About the unique connection between the cities on both sides of the river
We’ll pass by:
• The Art Nouveau Kaufhaus der Oberlausitz where The Grand Budapest Hotel was filmed
• The Lower and Upper Markets with some of the most beautiful and historic buildings in the town
• The historic towers of the former town walls
• The imposing Church of St. Peter and Paul
• The Old Town Bridge that connects two countries.
Join me for this walk that weaves the fascinating story of Görlitz’s past and present into the sights around you.