Galway is a quaint medieval city with a big heart, as you’ll soon discover. We will visit the key sites on this walking tour, with insights into modern Galway along the way, as well as a journey through 800 years of history. In the medieval quarter, you’ll hear about events both surprising and some gruesome. Then we’ll visit some of the famous and lesser known sites as we make our way through the centre of Galway from John F Kennedy Park to the banks of the river Corrib.
Some of the highlights include:
• Saint Nicholas Church and its 1651 map of Galway
• The Spanish Arch and the City Walls
• Wild swans on the Claddagh shore
• Learn where the word “lynched” comes from
• Discover who the Tribes of Galway were
• Hear how Richard Martin founded the R.S.P.C.A and delve into the darker side to his character
• Tips on how to spot the famous Claddagh ring
I’ll take you to places you’d never find on your own. Galway is a safe city where there’s ‘craic’ to be had and the living is easy! If you only take one tour while in Ireland, choose this one!