Join me for a riverside stroll through Fredrikstad, which has long been considered one of Norway’s loveliest cities. Along the way I'll give you some insight into the history of the city, and tell you what makes its people some of the country’s friendliest. I’ll also recommend some stops along the way.
The highlights of our walk include:
• The friendly rivalry between Fredrikstad and its twin city Sarpsborg
• What makes Fredrikstad Northern Europe's best preserved fortified town
• Why you might hear a glockenspiel ringing out in the town
• Why Fredrikstad has a French influence
• How to say hello in the local dialect
So let's take a walk together and find out what Fredrikstad really has to offer.