If you like 20th century history, diverse architecture, and quirky public art, this walking tour in the Downtown Charleston Historic District is for you!
Having lived in Charleston all my life, I decided to channel my passion and love for the city into something I could share with others. On this circular walk, I’ll unlock the stories behind several fascinating places that you’ll see along the way, including:
• The site of the first brick-paved street in the United States
• Two former State capitols’ locations
• Charleston’s oldest business and its modern day incarnation (spoiler alert: it smells amazing!)
• Beautiful Kanawha River and its scenic spots
• Home of the best ice cream in town
• Charleston’s smallest piece of art
Whether it’s your first time in Charleston, or you’re a lifelong resident who’s eager to learn more about the city, this tour is a valuable introduction to all that historic downtown Charleston has to offer.
This hour-long walk starts and ends along the Kanawha River, but not before taking you down the city’s historic Capitol Street. Along the way, there are plenty of restaurants and shops along the route for a short or lengthy stop.