If you are a Sound of Music fan, this is the tour for you! I’ll show you around Salzburg, the magical and musical birthplace of Mozart, and while you won't be climbing every mountain, you will see a few of my favourite things from the film.
There are plenty of highlights along the way, and some of them you can only get to on foot. I’m sure you’ll enjoy:
• Splashing your hand in Maria's fountain
• Singing Do Re Mi in the Mirabell Gardens
• Running across the bridge like the Von Trapp children
• Throwing tomatoes in the market square
• Learning about the real Von Trapp family and the real "Uncle Max”
• Hearing secrets from the production of the Sound of Music
• Seeing the church where Mozart was baptised
We’ll see most of Salzburg's less musical landmarks too, and you should have your bearings by the end of the tour.
I’m a huge fan of musicals. (You may even hear me sing lines from a few well known songs!) But I grew up with the Sound of Music at home in the UK and I've lived in Salzburg since 2007. I hope you’ll understand why I've decided to make it my home.
If you can, try and watch the film again before you do the tour. And don’t be surprised if you burst into song along the way!