Journey through the centuries of history on a tour of this breathtaking city where you’ll hear the tales of war, conflict and the political struggles that Dubrovnik has endured, including the last siege during the Homeland War from the early 1990s. Despite all the hardships from the past, the city still stands strong and proud and offers visitors breathtaking views and scenes that will leave a big impression all on their own.
This tour, created by a local professional guide, will give you all the historical and cultural explanation behind the fortifications of Dubrovnik, together with many anecdotal stories. Let Marija Milovac take you on an inspiring walk around the walls where you will have the freedom to move at your own pace. Feel free to stop wherever you feel like it, either for a drink or to take some photos.
Some of the highlights of the tour include:
- The panoramic views of the old city and the clear blue Adriatic sea
- The Fort of St Lawrence and the legend about its beginnings
- The story of the catastrophic Big Earthquake 1667
- St John Fort and the maritime endeavours of Dubrovnik
- Minčeta Tower, the symbol of the city's independence
- The siege of Dubrovnik 1991-1992
Hopefully, at the end of the tour, you will have a broader sense of the historical importance of Dubrovnik, you will learn that there's much more behind the beauty of the architecture and the city stone walls than meets the eye.