Apart from being one of the busiest streets in Stellenbosch since the 1700s, Dorp street has many stories to tell. Join me on this walking tour and uncover the very best the town has to offer.
Lined with oak trees, majestic architecture and talented artisans, this street also has its fair share of skeletons. From hidden corners to local history, we won’t leave any stones unturned on this walk through the historical town. Along the way, you’ll hear the answers to frequently asked questions like:
• Where and what is the Angel Factory?
• Why are there so many oak trees?
• Where can I get the best cup of coffee in town?
• When did the University of Stellenbosch open its doors?
• Where can I find the oldest pub in the town?
• Which street has the best shopping?
Whether you’re a first time visitor or a local interested in exploring, this tour is a valuable introduction to the first official road to Cape Town.
Allow at least 30 minutes for this walk. There are quite a few local restaurants, bistros, galleries and shopping opportunities along the route for a quick (or lengthy) stop.
For a fuller, guided walking culinary experience feel free to look at www.bitesandsites.co.za.