Verona is as timeless and romantic as the story of Romeo and Juliet, which takes place in its cobbled streets. On this tour, you'll discover that there is more to the city than a tale of tragic love. We’ll leave the busy shopping streets and travel back in time, along the oldest Roman road in northern Italy. More than 2,000 years of history are reflected in the facades of its Roman and Medieval buildings, and there’s a mix of pragmatism and invention in the way old has been recycled into new. We’ll trace the shoreline of the Adige River too, taking in grand piazzas and picturesque alleyways. I'll also show you where to find the best Veronese cuisine along the way.
The tour’s highlights include:
• The arena where gladiators came to die
• A glimpse at the houses of Romeo and Juliet
• The Palazzi of the medieval powerhouse Scala family, as well as their private chapel and cemetery
• The splendour of Piazza Erbe, the ancient Roman forum
• Breathtaking views of the Adige River from the Ponte Pietra and Roman Theatre
Let’s pull back the curtain of history and rewrite this tale of tragic love with a happy ending.