This walking tour takes you around the old medieval boundaries of North Berwick.
You'll hear how the town developed from its early beginnings as a staging post for the pilgrims going to St Andrews towards the holiday and Edinburgh satellite that it is today.
The tour has been adapted for audio from a tour developed by Dave Berry. It is narrated by Martin White, with personal reminiscences of his family's long association with North Berwick voiced by Dave Berry himself and a Robert Louis Stevenson memory of the St Andrews Kirk, voiced by Vincent Guy.
You'll Hear of
• The harbour's history and use
• The boundaries of the medieval town
• The pilgrim and other trading
• The evolution of its main streets, market and parklands
• The start of its lifeboat service
• The Stevenson connection
• The golf trail