Explore the diverse, unique and unexpected beauty of Italy’s Lake Como on a pleasant hike along the Greenway trail. We’ll stroll along a 2,5km stretch from Ossuccio to Lenno, following parts of the old Roman Road. We’ll pass through villages and open areas dotted with the ruins of ancient chapels. Along the way, with the calls of the old fishermen floating on the Ventone winds, I’ll tell you the tale of an underwater church with bells that toll from deep in the lake.
Did you know about the Holy Grail hidden on the lake’s only island? Or about the monster living in the depth of its waters? This tour is about the legends and mysteries that you’d never discover on your own. I have so many stories to tell, so join me on this guided tour!
The landmarks include:
• Comacina Island, a small piece of land rich in history and legends
• Olive trees overlooking the bays of Lake Como
• Villa Balbiano, an elegant, ancient mansion
• The Golfo di Venere that hides a small Atlantis
• Ancient churches such as the church of Saint Eufemia and Saint Stephen’s
Let’s pull back the curtain on these stories and discover the true heritage of Lake Como.