Is this your first time in Geneva, or are you already familiar with the city? Either way, this tour has a few stories that’ll surprise you.
Geneva was an independent city from 1154 and only became part of the Swiss Confederation in 1815. It has an incredibly rich history, with some marvellous events. I’ll tell you about them on this tour, while I guide you to some of the city’s most wonderful places. We’ll hear about an empress and a duke, international peacekeeping and the invention of science fiction. We’ll stroll in lush parks, admire the world-famous Bay of Geneva as well as the tallest fountain in the world, and watch Belle Époque paddle steamers gliding next to it.
Along the way, you'll hear about:
• An empress who was assassinated on the quay
• Switzerland’s watch industry and the Rolex family
• The biggest sweet water tank in Europe
• Geneva’s oldest beach
• World-class sailing in the bay
• The tallest mountain in Europe