Come with me Muggles, and explore the Edinburgh that inspired J.K. Rowling’s global phenomenon! We'll explore the secret alleyways of the Old Town, starting at Edinburgh Castle, then we'll wander down to “Diagon Alley” and find the gravestones of Voldemort and some other well-known characters from the Harry Potter series. We'll spot “Hogwarts School of Wizardry” along the way too, and if you like, you can stop in at the famous and not-so-famous cafes where J.K. Rowling wrote before Harry Potter became a best-seller.
Our journey will include:
• A fantastic view of the Edinburgh Castle from the esplanade in front of it
• The Royal Mile, Old Town’s most famous street
• The Writer’s Museum, a literature fan’s heaven
• Victoria Street, one of Scotland's most photographed streets
• The Grassmarket where you’ll hear a story of one very lucky lady from the 1700s.
• Greyfriar’s Graveyard
Arcadia Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License