Whether you've visited before, or this is your first time in Bath, this walking tour will open your eyes to the world of yesteryear hidden within the city's streets.
By following the line of the ancient city wall, you'll hear about the people who've walked this short route before you. They include the Celtic Britons and French Normans, along with the Saxons, Vikings, and yes, everyone's favorites, the Romans. So why not 'lend me your ears' for a walk and talk covering 1,700 years?
Along the way, you'll hear about:
• How the Romans joined two Goddesses together
• When one river becomes two
• A funny story of a French girl and her secret recipe
• Bath’s hidden cathedral
• Burial sites beneath the Abbey
• What remains of the ancient wall and what was thrown from it
• The only true hot water springs in Britain
• A famous Bath delicacy or two and some ideas of great gifts
To get the most out of this tour, allow an hour to 90-minutes for the walk and more if you visit the Abbey and the Roman Baths.
Bath truly is a city for all ages, so let's delve into this living layer cake of history and see what gems we can uncover from the past.