• LOCATION 54 | Unholy Toledo Tour: Gambling and Gangsters in the Glass City

    The Dixie Inn | 4800 North Detroit

    The Dixie Inn | 4800 North Detroit on Toledo, Ohio audio tour Unholy Toledo Tour: Gambling and Gangsters in the Glass City

    On our left was the Dixie Inn, 4800 North Detroit, opposite E. Poinsetta. This club was owned by Benny Aronoff, Joe and Pat Morrissy (former assistants to Jimmy Hayes), Ed Warnke, and Harry Levine. It opened in 1935 and closed in 1941. Back in the day, it had 4 craps tables, 3 blackjack tables, and 1 roulette table. During its peak years, the Dixie Inn operated 24 hours per day.

Preview mode limited to first 3 locations.
Unholy Toledo Tour: Gambling and Gangsters in the Glass City