Tour Locations | The Electrifying Story of Gan HaHashmal and Its Architecture
Turn left here onto busy Allenby street and keep going.
This street used to be Tel Aviv's main street in the 1930's and 40's, in the days of the British Mandate over Palestine. Actually, British control over Palestine started when General Edmund Allenby entered the Holy Land in 1917 and put an end to centuries of Ottoman rule. The residents of Tel Aviv saw him as a saviour and after the first World War ended they named this street after him.
Allenby street did lose most of its reputation along the years. In the near future, a light rail train is planned to take over the street, anticipated to help renew it's past glory.