Philadelphia's Lost Waterfront
Vine Street 2
Here we are again at Vine Street, which was once the northern limit of Philadelphia before the city consolidated in 1854. Cross straight over it and carry on.
This was once the site of a ravine leading to the Delaware River. This is why there was a boat landing here even before William Penn’s era, since the valley offered easy access into the interior of Pennsylvania.